Video Recording: Michel Sharritt on Generating a Content Marketing Strategy
Title: How to Do Competitor Research to Generate Content and Raise Search Ranks on Google
When your clients look for you on Google, on what page do you rank? Does your business rank highly for the keywords that matter for your business, and your industry?
Research shows that businesses that rank below the first page of results on Google only receive 0.78% of the clicks. In fact, the first five organic search results account for over 67% of all clicks.
- Competitor research: learn what industry peers do well
- Google search tools: keyword research, keyword competitiveness, popularity; missed opportunities / keywords for your niche; finding influencers, trending topics / interests in your industry
- Finding current search rank: discovering keywords that can rank high based on competitiveness
- Generating marketing content: social media content, website content
- Content optimization (SEO): keywords in title, headings, image alt tags, content readability
- Google My Business for local area customers: updating information, getting reviews
- Using Google Ads: cost-per-click, ad quality, and landing page experience
In this workshop, we present ways to do keyword research on Google. Marketers must use discretion, choosing the most relevant keywords for their brand and business. Doing so requires research into the popularity and competitiveness of keywords, to determine which are over-saturated and which present an opportunity.
Often, ranking higher for niche keywords that are more pertinent to your business can yield impressive results. During this informational session, we discuss tips to help you achieve this goal. In addition, you’ll learn ways to boost your business rank on Google search results: using social media content generation strategies and search engine optimization (SEO).
Recorded: November 5, 2021
Michel Ann Sharritt, Vice President and Co-founder of CueCamp and Situated Research, has over 25 years of experience in designing amazing user experiences across both websites and social media. Her background in behavioral psychology supports her understanding of users’ needs and goals while interacting with technology. She has a creative touch for designing amazing user experiences across websites and interactive media.
Michel has the creative ability to design marketing strategies for businesses of various sizes, using a combination of web design, interactive marketing, and social media. Her full-service marketing agency, CueCamp, is a strategic social media partner offering results-driven social media campaigns for businesses of all sizes. Focused on brand engagement and ROI, CueCamp designs comprehensive strategic marketing plans to elevate brand awareness using advanced marketing automation tools.